Thursday, September 6, 2012

Era of Interactive Television

 
We are far from the times in which I grew up where you simply watch the news, shows, and films you love on television or in the theater.  All of these outlets have gotten increasingly more interactive as an attempt to capture and maintain Generation Z.  As I post now and watch CNN cover the Democratic National Convention, there are multiple screens on television, so that viewers do not miss a minute of the action in various locations of the convention.  I can also tweet my responses with the hashtag #DNC2012 (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-dnc2012-live-tweeting-obama-and-bidens-speeches-20120906,0,994581.story)  God forbid I not be in front of a television while on my mobile Twitter app!  If I happened to have missed the live coverage, I can venture to cnn.com or even Youtube and catch the Democratic National Convention highlights and popular responses to issues covered.  Television is no longer relegated to the tubular box in the nation's living rooms, but has transcended to all of technological networks.  If coverage is not made available in multiple ways, it seems the public (or perhaps primarily Generation Z) will meet it with skeptical eyes.  Tsk tsk...

No comments:

Post a Comment