Thursday, August 23, 2012

So im sure everyone has seen the Proactive commercial with Justin Bieber where he supposly shows up at your door step with this product for your face. Honestly i think this is a good example of Media because of the fact that ALOT of girls like Justin Bieber so proactive figures that if they see that Justin Bieber "uses proactive" then so will everyone else. And to add on to that you see that he is actually delivering this to you so that persuades the audience to want to buy it more. Even though im pretty sure most of us know that most likely Justin Bieber doesn't even use proactive and there is a great chance that the scene where he is delivering the product was rehearsed. This shows that media in american society can be VERY persuasive and its also very strong because they know how to target just the right people and the right way to do it which makes it extrememly difficult for you to refuse. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh.. PS , i dont know if i did this right but yaa! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ad has been getting on my nerves for some time now. Every time I'm scrolling down on my guide on my T.V., I always have to come across, "Justin Bieber Uses Proactiv". So later on, for the fun of it, I bought Proactiv...
    First of all, Proactiv didn't even work on my skin so it was a waste of money.
    Second of all, I was thinking about what I did. I had basically bought a worthless acme wash all because Justin Bieber was on the commercial.
    Now at that moment I saw the dangers in putting a singer like Justin Bieber in a commercial. It just makes you buy something wortless only because they were in the commercial.

    ReplyDelete