Thursday, February 28, 2013

When I Was Your Man-Bruno Mars



A recent hit that has been playing on the radio stations lately is When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. This is a great song, but what I love about it most is the meaning of the song. Basically, Bruno is stating that he made a mistake of letting go of his "lady" and now that he's trying to get back with her, but she's with another man and he's too late. His song protrays men in society as them being selfish and not appreciating their girlfriends because he even says it in the lyrics of the song, "My pride, my ego, my needs and my selfish ways" meaning because of him being selfish he lost the love of his life. This protrayol of men is negative because it's making men not appreciate the little things in life. This song was writen by Bruno Mars and he recently released his official video off his "Unorthodox Jukebox" album. The video was directed by Cameron Duddy and Bruno Mars himself. The audience reaction to this song, well for women, is great because women want to feel special and don't want men to take advantage of them, but for men, they react shocked because not all men are like this, but some are. Now since this song came out, now other people would want to write about how men are selfish and creat new stereotypes. I can not help but wonder, do all women question whether all men are actually selfish?
Link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJT0Suanqhg

2 comments:

  1. I've actually have this song and I love it but I think men don't like it because they know its true

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister always sings this song! I think it is great and I like to give everybody the benifit of the doubt. I hope not all men are selfish because that would be awful. I think there are good people- good guys in this world! (:

    ReplyDelete